Custom Dental Veneers at Southington Dentistry
If you’ve been feeling less than confident about your smile, our strong porcelain or composite dental veneers are a popular option for correcting small imperfections almost instantly. Sometimes called tooth veneers, these fixed devices seal the front surface of the teeth for a natural looking smile that can appear whiter, more aligned and beautiful. If you’re looking for a simple solution to a nagging cosmetic issue in your teeth, call us today at 860-628-5029 and say hello to a radiant new smile!
What causes discoloration of the teeth?
Refreshing the appearance of your smile with whiter teeth can feel like a dream come true, but for some patients teeth whitening might not be enough. Discoloration of the tooth enamel can be caused by a number of factors that may result in a permanent stain. For many patients dental veneers may be the only way for whiter teeth:
- Graying or dull appearance from aging
- Chemical damage or staining from medications
- Consumption of dark sodas, coffee, or tea
- Dental injury, disease or decaying tooth or teeth
- Genetic discolorations or naturally gray teeth
How are Veneers Applied?
Overview of Tooth Veneers
Veneers are colormatched porcelain or composite resin shells that are cemented to the front of the teeth with little or no use of anesthesia. Less invasive than dental crowns, this painless process involves removing a thin layer of the front tooth enamel and creating an impression of the teeth that will support a new veneer or veneers. After deciding on their proper color, shape and size the custom veneers are made and secured into place. Veneers can last anywhere from 10 to 15 years with proper care and have a number of benefits:
- Painless results in a short period of time
- Naturally stain resistant and won’t get cavities
- Look and feel just like normal healthy teeth
- May strengthen the natural structure of your tooth
- No need to change regular healthy dental hygiene routine
- Long-lasting at 10 to 15 years with regular preventive care
Veneers At Southington Dentistry
Advanced Cosmetic Services At Your Local Dentist
Dr. Neil Salesky has enjoyed inspiring the smiles of his patients for years by caring for their teeth with treatments that are gentle and painless. In a warm and supportive environment at Southington Dentistry, patients receive care that is tailored to their specific goals for smiles that are healthier, stronger, and more radiant. If imperfections in your smile are weighing on your self esteem, feel great embracing life again by calling 860-628-5029 and asking us about our custom veneers!